TREKKING HOLIDAYS SIKKIM
The Barsey Rhododendron Sanctuary Trek is a perfect opportunity to explore the North Eastern Himalayan foothills and its unique and diverse ecosystem, considered as one of the bio-diversity ‘hot spots’ on earth. The different species of colourful Rhododendrons and windflowers in the sanctuary attract wide varieties of birds making it also a birding hotspot. Your trek will be through this wonderful natural world, over undulating terrain, often with steps hewn into the mountainside by past generations. The five-day trek through a maze of Himalayan eco-systems with endemic rhododendron forests, bamboo forests and rolling meadows will be forever remembered as you walk through the shadow of the great Himalayan mountain ranges.
|Day 1||Darjeeling||The Elgin||-/-/D|
|Day 2||Darjeeling||The Elgin||B/L/D|
|Day 3||Rinchenpong||Yangsum Farm||B/L/D|
|Day 8||Pelling||Elgin Mt Pandim||B/L/D|
|Day 9||Siliguri||Lemon tree||B/L/D|
- Spectacular view of Kangchenjunga range through the latter part of the trek
- Trekking along the Indo-Nepal International border
- Camping inside the forest and stay at comfy hotels/ homestay on non-trek days
- Trek through unique ecosystem and birding hotspots
- Support of local community in return for a healthy income from tourism such as this trek.
- Visiting North-eastern Buddhist monasteries
- Visiting remote villages and interaction with the residents